Simple and reliable cloud-integrated backup as a service
Azure Backup is a simple and cost-effective backup as a service (BaaS) solution, that gives you trusted tools on-premises with rich and powerful tools in the cloud. It delivers strong protection for customer data wherever it resides—in your enterprise datacenter, remote and branch offices, or the public cloud—while being sensitive to the unique requirements these scenarios pose.
Automatic Storage Management
- When using heterogeneous storage, there is no cost for using on-premises storage devices.
- Azure Backup automatically allocates and manages backup storage, and it uses a pay-as-you-use model.
- Pay-as-you-use means that you only pay for the storage that you consume.
- Azure Backup uses the underlying power and unlimited scale of the Azure cloud to deliver high-availability – with no maintenance or monitoring overhead.
- You can set up alerts to provide information about events, but you don’t need to worry about high-availability for your data in the cloud.
Multiple Storage Options
Azure Backup offers two types of replication: locally redundant storage and geo-redundant storage.
- Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) replicates three times in a paired datacentre in the same region.
- LRS is a low-cost option for protecting your data from local hardware failures.
- Geo-Redundant Storage (GRS) replicates your data to a secondary region
- GRS costs more than LRS, but provides a higher level of durability for your data.
Unlimited Data Transfer
- Azure Backup does not limit the amount of inbound or outbound data you transfer.
- Does not charge for the data that is transferred
- However, if you use the Azure Import/Export service to import large amounts of data, there is a cost associated with inbound data.
- Data encryption allows for secure transmission and storage of your data in the public cloud.
- You store the encryption passphrase locally, and it is never transmitted or stored in Azure.
- If it is necessary to restore any of the data, only you have encryption passphrase, or key.
- Whether backing up a file server, virtual machine, or SQL database, you need to know that a recovery point has all required data to restore the backup copy.
- Azure Backup provides application-consistent backups, which ensured additional fixes are not needed to restore the data.
- Restoring application consistent data reduces the restoration time, allowing you to quickly return to a running state.
- Back up data to Azure for 99 years.
- Instead of switching backup copies from disk to tape, and then moving the tape to an off-site location for long-term storage, you can use Azure for short-term and long-term retention.
What does it cost?
1 instance(s),500 GB, 500 GB LRS of storage
1 instance(s), 1 TB, 1 TB LRS of storage
1 instance(s), 2 TB, 2 TB LRS of storage
*Azure Backup cost estimate